applet launcher gets stuck

Thorsten Kiefer

Hi,
I'm deploying an applet using java3d with the applet launcher.
Code :

<head>
</head>
<applet code="org.jdesktop.applet.util.JNLPAppletLauncher"
width=640
height=480
archive="test3d3.jar,
http://download.java.net/media/applet-launcher/applet-launcher.jar,
http://download.java.net/media/java3d/webstart/release/j3d/latest/j3dcore.jar,
http://download.java.net/media/java3d/webstart/release/j3d/latest/j3dutils.jar,
http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-webstart-current/jogl.jar,
http://download.java.net/media/gluegen/webstart/gluegen-rt.jar,
http://download.java.net/media/java3d/webstart/release/vecmath/latest/vecmath.jar">
<param name="codebase_lookup" value="false">
<param name="subapplet.classname" value="test3d3.MainApplet">
<param name="subapplet.displayname" value="My Java 3D Applet">
<param name="jnlpNumExtensions" value="1">
<param name="jnlpExtension1"
value="http://download.java.net/media/java3d/webstart/release/java3d-latest.jnlp">
<param name="progressbar" value="true">
<param name="noddraw.check" value="true">
</applet>

But the loader stops with the message "Starting applet My Java 3D Applet".
Can you help me with that ?

Best regards
Thorsten

Roedy Green

[...]

0. that should read
code="org.jdesktop.applet.util.JNLPAppletLauncher.class"

1. I have always seen it with the archive as a RELATIVE url to the
this HTML page.

2. I suspect you might have better luck if you put all those jars in
the same directory as test3d3.jar. There are rules against Applets
talking to other than the mother server. You can't even talk to jars
in sibling directories. The rules may apply to jars as well.

3. you might consider repackaging all those jars into one.

4. Applets are supposed to be tiny things. A mother like this should
probably be a Java Web Start App or a stand alone app to avoid having
to download all those libraries every time you run..
see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html