Applet Mayscript JRE 1.4.2_03 : sun.plugin.javascript.ocx.JSObject.eval

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by R, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. R

    R Guest

    Hi,

    I have an applet that communicates with Javascript on the webpage using
    Netscape's liveconnect. It was working till recently using Microsoft
    VM. The applet was signed using the Microsoft Authenticode Technology.

    But just this week, I have installed JRE1.4.2_03 and created the same
    applet in a jar and also signed the jar file.

    Whenever the applet tries to invoke the Javascript method., the
    following exception gets printed out:

    netscape.javascript.JSException: Failure to evaluate testCall('Hello
    from Arg1', 'Hello Arg2')
    at sun.plugin.javascript.ocx.JSObject.eval(Unknown Source)

    Is there something that needs to be done when using the applet with the
    SUN JRE...? Because the same applet runs when using the Microsoft
    JVM... No change in source code..

    JSObject win = JSObject.getWindow(this);
    win.eval("testCall(\'Hello from Arg1\', \'Hello Arg2\')
    ");

    Please let me know if there is a problem with the current JRE ? Or some
    other way to solve this...

    We need to make this work with the SUN JRE 1.4.2_03 as this is the
    requirement.

    Appreciate your help.

    Thanks
    Ravi Yagatili