Applet Mayscript JRE 1.4.2_03 : sun.plugin.javascript.ocx.JSObject.eval

I have an applet that communicates with Javascript on the webpage using
Netscape's liveconnect. It was working till recently using Microsoft
VM. The applet was signed using the Microsoft Authenticode Technology.

But just this week, I have installed JRE1.4.2_03 and created the same
applet in a jar and also signed the jar file.

Whenever the applet tries to invoke the Javascript method., the
following exception gets printed out:

netscape.javascript.JSException: Failure to evaluate testCall('Hello
from Arg1', 'Hello Arg2')
at sun.plugin.javascript.ocx.JSObject.eval(Unknown Source)

Is there something that needs to be done when using the applet with the
SUN JRE...? Because the same applet runs when using the Microsoft
JVM... No change in source code..

JSObject win = JSObject.getWindow(this);
win.eval("testCall(\'Hello from Arg1\', \'Hello Arg2\')
");

Please let me know if there is a problem with the current JRE ? Or some
other way to solve this...

We need to make this work with the SUN JRE 1.4.2_03 as this is the
requirement.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Ravi Yagatili