    order to make it find my applet.

    Thanks in advance,

    - Stuart
    Stuart P, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Stuart P

    Frank Guest

    On 20 Aug 2004 15:54:20 -0700, Stuart P <> wrote:

    > I have a problem getting applets to load in IE6 (the about box says
    > it's version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633). When I refresh the
    > page with my applet on it, the status bar says "Loading Java Applet:
    > http://stuff/", and when I enter the address shown in the address bar,
    > it finds the file just fine. However, the applet never loads, and
    > when i move the mouse over it, it says "load: class "whatever.class"
    > not found". I was wondering if there was something i needed to do in
    > order to make it find my applet.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > - Stuart

    Recent versions of IE no longer include any java runtime by default due to
    legal issues (I don't know if applying SP2 to an existing installation
    actually removes JView). Anyway, you'll need to download a java runtime
    environment, which you can get from Sun at www.java.com. Or a full SDK
    from java.sun.com

    HTH,

    Frank
    Frank, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Stuart P

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Stuart P wrote:

    > I have a problem getting applets to load in IE6 (the about box says
    > it's version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633). When I refresh the
    > page with my applet on it, the status bar says "Loading Java Applet:
    > http://stuff/", and when I enter the address shown in the address bar,
    > it finds the file just fine. However, the applet never loads, and
    > when i move the mouse over it, it says "load: class "whatever.class"
    > not found". I was wondering if there was something i needed to do in
    > order to make it find my applet.

    Make sure the applet is actually on your site, is located correctly and has
    the right name. Make sure the applet tag accurately identifies the applet
    class file.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com
    Paul Lutus, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Stuart P

    Jae Muzzin Guest

    Stuart P wrote:

    > I have a problem getting applets to load in IE6 (the about box says
    > it's version 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633). When I refresh the
    > page with my applet on it, the status bar says "Loading Java Applet:
    > http://stuff/", and when I enter the address shown in the address bar,
    > it finds the file just fine. However, the applet never loads, and
    > when i move the mouse over it, it says "load: class "whatever.class"
    > not found". I was wondering if there was something i needed to do in
    > order to make it find my applet.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > - Stuart

    Welcome to applet hell!! I've spent many hours trying to get applets to
    work. Its usually jvm compatibility issues. If you try everything and
    it doesn't work in standard IE browsers with the ms jvm, then its cause
    your program uses API classes that weren't there in Java 1.1 (which is
    all the ms jvm supports). You can either require users to dload the sun
    vm, or you make sure there is no classes in your code that weren't
    supported in sdk 1.1. The java api specs will tell you what vm's
    support what classes.

    Good Luck!!!
    Jae Muzzin, Aug 21, 2004
  5. On 20 Aug 2004 15:54:20 -0700, Stuart P wrote:

    > I have a problem getting applets to load in IE6

    I supect Frank and Jae identified the problem,
    but I think we should confirm it before proceeding
    to what you can do now..

    What does this report?
    <http://www.physci.org/pc/property.jsp?prop=java.version+java.vendor>

    --