  1. Guest

    is there any way to pop up a new window in a java applet?

    , Jun 2, 2004

  2. wrote:

    > is there any way to pop up a new window in a java applet?

    Sure. You can use all the Swing or AWT classes in just the same way
    you would if it were not an applet.

    Michael Borgwardt, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Mickey Segal Guest

    "Michael Borgwardt" <> wrote in message
    > Sure. You can use all the Swing or AWT classes in just the same way
    > you would if it were not an applet.

    But beware that a bug in the Google toolbar will block this user-initiated
    popup. For details see: http://segal.org/java/pop_window/

    Mickey Segal, Jun 2, 2004
  4. On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:22:12 +0200, Michael Borgwardt wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> is there any way to pop up a new window in a java applet?

    > Sure. You can use all the Swing or AWT classes in just the same way
    > you would if it were not an applet.

    ...and if you need to open a new
    *browser* window, you might try ..

    Applet.getAppletContext().showDocument(URL, "_blank")

    [ Though Thomas' suggestion of dialog /
    option pane / window / frame is more reliable.. ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Andrew Thompson, Jun 2, 2004
  6. Andrew Thompson, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:17:04 GMT, wrote or
    quoted :

    >is there any way to pop up a new window in a java applet?

    just open a Frame without a parent.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Mickey Segal Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > Have you tried popping up the second
    > window without actually setting the
    > frame visible?

    I realized the original poster was probably referring to a Java component
    Window, not a browser window. An example of this is at:
    http://segal.org/macjavabugs/FrameTest/

    Mickey Segal, Jun 2, 2004