applet resizing

anonymous

Does anyone know if a Java applet can really resize
itself? I saw some article that mentioned calling setSize
and then validate, but that turned out not to work. Anyone
know what's up with that?

TIA and thanks for the other insight.

Liz

i have used setsize in javascript to change the
size of the browser window
but i think there is no way to change the size
of the applet window

SPG

Hi

I have found that sitting the applet inside a table which has its
width/height set to 100% will cause the applet to resize when the browser
window is resized.
Then in your paint routine you check the applet size (getSize()).
Works quite well

Steve

Andrew Thompson

Does anyone know if a Java applet can really resize
itself? I saw some article

Where? URL?
...that mentioned calling setSize
and then validate, but that turned out not to work.

Lazy, was it?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#specific>
..Anyone
know what's up with that?

I wonder what's up with you and if you
are ever going to figure how to ask
smart questions.

Let us go over what has happened
thus far..

On this short thread you asked a question..
<http://www.google.com/groups?th=8e5b92319b600038>

...and got an answer..
<http://www.physci.org/test/scrap/147Resize/>

...but you never replied, instead starting
a separate thread, where you were directed
back to the first answer..

<http://google.com/groups?th=4c027d88823bd5d2#link3>

So, Bob.. since you seem to have
trouble finding the documentation,
*or* comp.lang.java.help..
<http://www.google.com/groups?th=4c027d88823bd5d2>

I will give you some *more* help..

So that hopefully you can work your way up to a..

HTH

[ F'Ups set to c.l.j.help ]

Andrew Thompson

I have found that sitting the applet inside a table which has its
width/height set to 100% will cause the applet to resize when the browser
window is resized.

Correct, but if you can throw the applet across
Then in your paint routine you check the applet size (getSize()).

Not necessary, here is an applet that
both resizes *and* changes it's L'n'F
<http://www.physci.org/test/lnf/>
(I am quite proud of it) and here is the source..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/display.jsp?fl=/test/lnf/PlafChanger.java>

No call to either paint() or setSize().