    know what's up with that?

    TIA and thanks for the other insight.

    , May 27, 2004

  2. Liz Guest

    i have used setsize in javascript to change the
    size of the browser window
    but i think there is no way to change the size
    of the applet window

    Liz, May 27, 2004

  3. SPG Guest

    Hi

    I have found that sitting the applet inside a table which has its
    width/height set to 100% will cause the applet to resize when the browser
    window is resized.
    Then in your paint routine you check the applet size (getSize()).
    Works quite well

    Steve

    SPG, May 27, 2004
  4. On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:28:13 GMT, wrote:

    > Does anyone know if a Java applet can really resize
    > itself? I saw some article

    Where? URL?

    >...that mentioned calling setSize
    > and then validate, but that turned out not to work.

    Lazy, was it?
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#specific>
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    >..Anyone
    > know what's up with that?

    I wonder what's up with you and if you
    are ever going to figure how to ask
    smart questions.

    Let us go over what has happened
    thus far..

    On this short thread you asked a question..
    <http://www.google.com/groups?th=8e5b92319b600038>

    ...and got an answer..
    <http://www.physci.org/test/scrap/147Resize/>

    ...but you never replied, instead starting
    a separate thread, where you were directed
    back to the first answer..

    <http://google.com/groups?th=4c027d88823bd5d2#link3>

    So, Bob.. since you seem to have
    trouble finding the documentation,
    *or* comp.lang.java.help..
    <http://www.google.com/groups?th=4c027d88823bd5d2>

    I will give you some *more* help..

    So that hopefully you can work your way up to a..

    HTH

    [ F'Ups set to c.l.j.help ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, May 27, 2004
  5. On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:36:16 GMT, SPG wrote:

    > I have found that sitting the applet inside a table which has its
    > width/height set to 100% will cause the applet to resize when the browser
    > window is resized.

    Correct, but if you can throw the applet across
    the entire page or use CSS <div> elements and such,
    you can achieve the same effect without a table.

    > Then in your paint routine you check the applet size (getSize()).

    Not necessary, here is an applet that
    both resizes *and* changes it's L'n'F
    <http://www.physci.org/test/lnf/>
    (I am quite proud of it) and here is the source..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/display.jsp?fl=/test/lnf/PlafChanger.java>

    No call to either paint() or setSize().

    --
    Andrew Thompson