Applet security

Panther240

Hi

I have a method inside a applet class

public void print()
{
//code
}
I am trying to access the method through HTML using <applet></applet>
I want to do something line Applet.print().
When I try this it gives me a security exception.
I signed the applet.I am able to access events on buttons inside the applet.
void jButton1_actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
System.out.println("Button Action Perfomed....Printing");
print();
}//this code works FINE
But when I do Applet.print(). THIS CODE FAILS-security exception.
SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Panther240

Hi

I have a method inside a applet class

public void print()
{
//code
}
I am trying to access the method through HTML using <applet></applet>
I want to do something line Applet.print().
When I try this it gives me a security exception.
I signed the applet.I am able to access events on buttons inside the applet.
void jButton1_actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
System.out.println("Button Action Perfomed....Printing");
print();
}//this code works FINE
But when I do Applet.print(). THIS CODE FAILS-security exception.I TRY THIS IN JAVASCRIPT.(HTML)
SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

But when I do Applet.print(). THIS CODE FAILS-security exception.I
TRY THIS IN JAVASCRIPT.(HTML)

Andrew Thompson

Panther240 said:
(e-mail address removed) (Panther240) wrote in message applet.
But when I do Applet.print(). THIS CODE FAILS-security exception.I
TRY THIS IN JAVASCRIPT.(HTML)

What is your URL? How did you sign the Applet?

Better help will usually be forthcoming if you can provide
a small, self-contained, compileable example.
[ Though in this situation it _seems_ the code is
not the problem, it is hard to say for sure. ]