    connection to read in the reply that it throws the Exception.

    any ideas would be great,

    Thanks in advance

    Sean, Mar 6, 2004

  2. "Sean" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:404a2186$0$1157$...
    > it would appear an applet is hell bent on destroying my dissertation. When
    > trying to receive from a servlet (on same host, contructed automatically
    > from getCodeBase()), it throws an AccessControlException, giving the
    > message: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
    > http.strictPostRedirection read)
    >
    > It can send the data with no problems, its only when i try to open the
    > connection to read in the reply that it throws the Exception.

    Hi Sean,
    Apparently your applet tries to read a system property by doing
    System.getProperty("http.strictPostRedirection");
    This is not allowed for an applet.
    I don't know if there are network classes doing this call.
    Propably it's HttpURLConnection.getFollowRedirects();?
    If you can't find the origin you could try to sign the applet.
    I hope this helps a bit.

    Albert

    Albert Deinbeck, Mar 7, 2004