Applet Security

Sean

it would appear an applet is hell bent on destroying my dissertation. When
trying to receive from a servlet (on same host, contructed automatically
from getCodeBase()), it throws an AccessControlException, giving the
message: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
http.strictPostRedirection read)

It can send the data with no problems, its only when i try to open the
connection to read in the reply that it throws the Exception.

any ideas would be great,

Thanks in advance

Albert Deinbeck

Sean said:
it would appear an applet is hell bent on destroying my dissertation. When
trying to receive from a servlet (on same host, contructed automatically
from getCodeBase()), it throws an AccessControlException, giving the
message: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
http.strictPostRedirection read)

It can send the data with no problems, its only when i try to open the
connection to read in the reply that it throws the Exception.

Hi Sean,
Apparently your applet tries to read a system property by doing
System.getProperty("http.strictPostRedirection");
This is not allowed for an applet.
I don't know if there are network classes doing this call.
Propably it's HttpURLConnection.getFollowRedirects();?
If you can't find the origin you could try to sign the applet.
I hope this helps a bit.

Albert