    It is poolcalcf.class

    Let me know if the applet loads for you.
    , Jan 25, 2006

  2. IchBin Guest

    wrote:
    > I have an applet out on a server.
    >
    > It loads on my home machine, but it will not load from the server at
    > work. It use to load from work, but I recently updated it.
    >
    > You can access it here:
    >
    > http://home.nc.rr.com/wtadams/poologic/poolcalc.htm
    >
    > It is poolcalcf.class
    >
    > Let me know if the applet loads for you.

    Loads for me.. but all of the input fields contains '?'

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, Jan 25, 2006

    IchBin wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have an applet out on a server.
    > >
    > > It loads on my home machine, but it will not load from the server at
    > > work. It use to load from work, but I recently updated it.
    > >
    > > You can access it here:
    > >
    > > http://home.nc.rr.com/wtadams/poologic/poolcalc.htm
    > >
    > > It is poolcalcf.class
    > >
    > > Let me know if the applet loads for you.
    > >

    > Loads for me.. but all of the input fields contains '?'

    Thanks!

    That's a feature. You gotta hit the calculate button.

    I figured out my problem. My compiler was newer than my jre.

    I have to use:

    javac -target 1.1 fubar.java

    To get a class file compatible with the older jre on my work computer

    This is an IE "feature"

  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:22:57 -0500, IchBin <> wrote,

    >> http://home.nc.rr.com/wtadams/poologic/poolcalc.htm
    >>
    >> It is poolcalcf.class
    >>
    >> Let me know if the applet loads for you.
    >>

    >Loads for me.. but all of the input fields contains '?'

    ditto for me. clicking calculate fills in fields.

    suggestions:

    1. put it in a jar
    2. fix your initialisation
    3. get the machine that does not work to run Wassup
    http://mindprod.com/applets/wassup.html
    to see what level of Java they have. It may be too old.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jan 25, 2006

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:22:57 -0500, IchBin <> wrote,
    >
    > >> http://home.nc.rr.com/wtadams/poologic/poolcalc.htm
    > >>
    > >> It is poolcalcf.class
    > >>
    > >> Let me know if the applet loads for you.
    > >>

    > >Loads for me.. but all of the input fields contains '?'

    > ditto for me. clicking calculate fills in fields.
    >
    > suggestions:
    >
    > 1. put it in a jar
    > 2. fix your initialisation
    > 3. get the machine that does not work to run Wassup
    > http://mindprod.com/applets/wassup.html
    > to see what level of Java they have. It may be too old.

    Thanks. nice site.

    I am interested in having my applets on that site run on as many
    computers
    as possible.

    I recompiled them with -target 1.1 but I wonder what the earliest
    version of jre
    is that a use might have.

    > --
    > Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    > http://mindprod.com Java custom programming, consulting and coaching.
    , Jan 26, 2006

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:22:57 -0500, IchBin <> wrote,
    >
    > >> http://home.nc.rr.com/wtadams/poologic/poolcalc.htm
    > >>
    > >> It is poolcalcf.class
    > >>
    > >> Let me know if the applet loads for you.
    > >>

    > >Loads for me.. but all of the input fields contains '?'

    > ditto for me. clicking calculate fills in fields.
    >
    > suggestions:
    >
    > 1. put it in a jar
    > 2. fix your initialisation
    > 3. get the machine that does not work to run Wassup
    > http://mindprod.com/applets/wassup.html
    > to see what level of Java they have. It may be too old.

    Thanks. nice site.

    I am interested in having my applets on that site run on as many
    computers
    as possible.

    I recompiled them with -target 1.1 but I wonder what the earliest
    version of jre
    is that a user might have.

  7. Roedy Green Guest

    On 26 Jan 2006 04:48:55 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >I recompiled them with -target 1.1 but I wonder what the earliest
    >version of jre
    >is that a use might have.

    The oldest Java you deal with is the Trojan horse Microsoft put out
    and abandoned which is version 1.1. Many of my applets I still hold at
    the 1.1 level for that reason. There is nothing around prior to that
    of any significance.

    The event model changed drastically in 1.0 to 1.1. I just flipped my
    last 1.0 app over a month ago to get rid of the deprecation warnings.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jan 27, 2006