    thx in advance

    --
    golem

    golem, Apr 19, 2004

  2. golem wrote:

    > I am writing an applet which uses sockets to establish a network
    > connection. I had to adjust my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.policy
    > file to make my applet run. What should i do to make the applet run on
    > another machine (where java.policy has defaults permissions not allowing
    > to connect with remote hosts)?
    >
    > thx in advance

    You need to sign it.
    I'm sure it is explained somewhere on java.sun.com

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Apr 19, 2004

  3. golem

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:49:06 +0200, golem <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >What should i do to make the applet run on
    >another machine (where java.policy has defaults permissions not allowing
    >to connect with remote hosts)?

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/digitalsignatures.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/certificate.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keytool.html
    and chase links.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Apr 19, 2004
  4. golem

    Mark Preston Guest

    golem wrote:

    > I am writing an applet [snip] What should i do to make the applet run on
    > another machine (where java.policy has defaults permissions not allowing
    > to connect with remote hosts)?

    Digitally sign it.

    Mark Preston, Apr 20, 2004