Application Context in cluster

webstranger

I'm looking for best way to implement Application Context in J2EE
clustering environment. Particularly - give web app way to access
global variable that can be set from one place and readable across
cluster. So far I've seen implementation that using database to store
this variable and app will read it each time or span thread that
constantly checking this field..
another suggested solution - use JNDI tree. It
s seems to be little better, but I don't think it's perfect
for one it's misuse of JNDI originally intended for providing access to
services (vs. storing flags) second I'll have to deal with both BEA WLS
and IBM WS
BEA WLS asking 1. rebind object on each change to make sure changes
distributed across cluster; 2. If node where it's originally was
inserted will be unreachable it will undeploy object from cluster #8-0
IBM WS it troubleshooting section suggesting to lookup via fully
qualified name instead of java:comp/env/bla use
cell/clusters/myCluster/bla to avoid not found exception..