Application crashes while using OTL class

teju

I am using the OTL library for database
interaction(otl.sourceforge.net)

This is the sample code from my application:

strm_ << parm.corp_id();
strm_ << parm.prod_id();
write_to_log(("Before parm.eff_ts()"<<parm.eff_ts())
strm_ << parm.eff_ts(); /** Application crashes here **/
write_to_log(("After parm.eff_ts()"<<parm.eff_ts())

strm_ is otl_stream variable. eff_ts() is std::string variable and in
the query the bind variable is defined as char[50].

The application runs 24*7 and it crashes frequently at the same place.
We have ruled out the value of eff_ts() since the application restarts
and processes the same input successfully.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Tejas