Application Deployment

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

I have created an application and when the application is started it checkes
for an update to the software on a web service. All the implementation
works great but now I am trying to figure out how to make the application
setup project function the way I need it to. How do I make a setup project
(or maybe I should use something else?) to simply copy a single file to a
particular folder on the client machine? i.e.

The main installation has already been completed. Months later an update
becomes available. All the client needs it a new version of a custom dll or
a new exe file. I want the process to automated as much as possible. When
the downloaded file is double-clicked the new file is extracted from within
itself and automatically placed in the appropriate directory. (The
directory is the same for every client machine).

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

Rudi

You should take a look at the
NET Application Updater Component
from MS.
Updater Application Block Overview (Building Distributed ...

Rudi