Application error occurred during request processing

kath

Hi all,

500 Internal Server Error
Application error occurred during request processing
Details:
com.sap.engine.services.webservices.wsnavigator.WSNavigatorException:
null
Exception id: [0016355ABDF800580000016F00002C7800043D23C1985713]

I get the above exception when I run my webservice. I dont find any
clue to debug my code, becuase i see little/nothing information thrown
by the SAP j2ee engine. I dont get any exceptions while i compile, but
i get this error when i am executing.

i have two classes, which I use as datastructure to return values from
my websevice. Well, i will give you a psuedo code to make you
understand better of what i have right now.

Class klass_1
{
public String var1="";
public String var2="";
public ArrayList arrList = new ArrayList();

// setter and getter methods for the above class members.
}

Class klass_2
{
public String var1="";
public String var2="";

// setter and getter methods for the above class members.
}

// following is a method in EJB, with that i have created a webservice
public kclass1 method_name(String arg1) throws SQLException{
// PreparedStatement to query database table
// Execute query and get result set values

try{
//instantiate klass1 and set its member with resulted values from
above query
klass1 k1 = new klass();
k1.setMember_k1(result.getString(1));

// Query database with second query statement
// loop through result set you get from the above query
while(result_set.next()){
//instantiate klass2, initialiaze its members with resulted values
from the second query, and add object of klass2 to 'arrList' of klass1

klass2 k2 = new klass2();
k2.setMember_k2(result.getString(1));
k1.arrList.add(k2); // This line is giving me problem. }

}catch (SQLException e){
}catch (Exception e){
}finally{
// close PreparedStatements, ResultSets, and connection obj to db.
return k1;

i know error-code: 500 occurs when there is problem with source. But
the source compiles successfully. And also if i comment
k1.arrList.add(k2); this line in the above code i execute the
webservice with no problem but i dont get completely what i should
get.

Can somebody help on this?

thank you,
kath.

Manish Pandit

Hi all,

500 Internal Server Error
[...]

A 500 will also occur when there is a runtime error
(NullPointerException, ArrayIndexOutOfBounds..). Can you check the log
file for any exception traces?
From this pseudocode, it looks like the klass does not initialize
arrList. If arrList is not initialized as new ArrayList() or something
similar, the statement k1.arrList.add(k2) will always throw a
NullPointerException. In the declaration of klass, initialize arrList
correctly and you should be good to go.

-cheers,
Manish

Lew

This isn't even legal Java. You need to use the keyword "class" to define
Java classes, which you haven't done.

Also, class names should begin with an upper-case letter, and CamelCase
thereafer. Underscores should only appear in the names of compile-time
constants (which are spelled in all upper case by convention).

It is usually better
a) to declare the variable as the interface type rather than the concrete
type, and
b) to use generics.

Also, the word "class" appearing in class names is redundant.

Nitpick: the word "I" is capitalized.