Application folder not seeing namespace of the main application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by gh0st54, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. gh0st54

    gh0st54 Guest

    hi

    I have a website (localhost namespace : "whatever") that has a secure
    application folder ( called secure with a namespace : "Secure")

    I have a class in "whatever" that is a pagebase class, so that all
    pages inheriting from whatever.pagebase will look the same ( template
    )

    but the pages in secure that inherit from whatever.pagebase are not
    being displayed I get the error : The type or namespace name
    'PageBase' does not exist in the class or namespace '<whatever>' (are
    you missing an assembly reference?)

    I cannot be missing a reference I'm in the same assembly
    and i'm using "using whatever"

    when I change the application back to a folder , and refresh the page
    everything is displayed properly.

    I even tried to make a classlibrary which contains only the pagebase
    class and added the reference to another project , same problem can't
    display in application mode but in folder mode no problem.

    help
    gh0st54, Jul 4, 2003