Application frameworks

Davor Cengija

After a while I'm back to application architecture/development and my first
task is to develop a client/server (what else?) application with the
following features:

- single server (in application sense), desktop clients with offline mode
and local storage systems, eventually web clients
- remote data synchronization between servers and multiple clients, no
client-to-client synch. but at the end, each client has the same set of data
(if permited to)
- open to 3rd party systems (will be done with SOAP and a set of
standardized msgs)
- authorized access with different access rights for both desktop clients
and 3rd party systems

Obviously, requirements are very very common and therefore I hope there are
some application frameworks which could help me reduce the development time.
Development, of course, includes plug-ins structure, data persistence etc.

So far, I found Expresso, RealMethods and Spring Framework interesting. Is
there anyone willing to share their experiences with any of these tools? Any
comparisons?

Yes, my question is a little bit cumbersome but it is hard to say what I
would like to have in a framework without actually trying all of them, which
is, obvioulsy, not an option for me.

Many thanks for any reply.

Kind regards,
Davor

P.S. Please note that e.g. Struts is not an application framework, but
rather a web one.