application help

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I need to create an app, asp would be best for me but I am not sure
    how/if it can be done.

    Here's is what I have. I have an instrument subnet that can only
    communicate to my server subnet. There are 60 pc's in my instrument
    subnet, these pc's are validated, which means the documentation to
    install something on each pc sux, which is why I thought a server app
    would be best.

    On each pc I need to be able to move, a folder and all of it's
    subfolders to a server and zip them up. I am having an issue with
    permissions on one line

    Set fldr = fso.GetFolder("\\Turbo\d$\Analyst
    Data\Projects\LCMSC197.2\Test\")
    fldr.Move("E:\analystprojects\") '<----HERE

    I can copy with no issues but I must remove the data from the pc (we
    are archiving the data). I suspect it is my connection to the drive
    using "d$" is not allowing me to delete the folder.

    I am testing this on my pc, I have domain admin rights and full
    permissions on the folder that I am moving from and to.

    Any ideas here, am I going about this is a reasonable way??

    Thanks for any insight.

    Mike

    Mike, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Ok I found I can do a copy then a delete so that will work. I wonder
    why I can't just move in one step?? Oh Well

    Thanks
    Mike

    Mike, Nov 22, 2006