Application layer protocol for chat server

islamelnaggar

Hello java guys

i'm writing chat software ,data send from client to server and server
response to client
so i need to send many data formats such as voice, text based i need
to make protocol between both client and server to do many operation
for example authencate user , get user list ,
whatever so i need way to send data using sockets to send data
will i use bytes packets between both client and server ? or use
anthor way or what

and in case if i'm using bytes stream how can i explode or get text
message from the header stream how can i design this protocol

thanks

RedGrittyBrick

Hello java guys

i'm writing chat software ,data send from client to server and server
response to client

If you search this newsgroup (Using Google Groups perhaps) you'll find
several regular posters have posted pointers to implementations of chat
programs.

so i need to send many data formats such as voice, text based i need to
make protocol between both client and server to do many operation for
example authencate user , get user list , whatever so i need way to send
data using sockets to send data
will i use bytes packets between both client and server ? or use
anthor way or what

and in case if i'm using bytes stream how can i explode or get text
message from the header stream how can i design this protocol

Why invent a new protocol? I'd have a look at
http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/rfc.html
and at least use that as a starting point.

islamelnaggar

If you search this newsgroup (Using Google Groups perhaps) you'll find
several regular posters have posted pointers to implementations of chat
programs.

Why invent a new protocol? I'd have a look athttp://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/rfc/rfc.html
and at least use that as a starting point.

thanks for ur help

IS There any anthor solution for my questions

islamelnaggar

thanks for ur help

IS There any anthor solution for my questions- إخÙاء النص المقتبس -

- عرض النص المقتبس -

is there any solutions about this problem?

Patricia Shanahan

islamelnaggar said:
is there any solutions about this problem?

Well, the quote gives two approaches to solving it, searching for
previously posted sample code and starting from an appropriate RFC.

If neither of those ideas work in your situation, you need to say more
about the problem.

Patricia

Chase Preuninger

I would create a class called Data, and have it store the data as a
byte array, and store a field called data type so the receiving side
can understand the data sent, or u could have a separate socket for
each.

islamelnaggar

thanks for reply
the problem sir that i want to send over sockets voice data streaming
including text header
like http protocl when responce holding image or sound file byte so
how can i extract both header info and sound byte from streaming

thanks

islamelnaggar

thanks for reply
the problem sir  that i want to send over sockets voice data streaming
including  text header
like http protocl when responce holding image or sound file byte so
how can i extract both header info  and sound byte from streaming

thanks

- ÚÑÖ ÇáäÕ ÇáãÞÊÈÓ -

any solution there about my problem?