Application like web msn messenger

Fernando Lopes

Hey there.
I want to do a instant messenger (ASP.NET) to connect the users from my
company enterprise application. This application was developed using
ASP.NET.
So, this IM must have:
- Online/Offline users from contacts list
- Send message to selected contact
- Send messages to more than one contact
- Do a chat with more than one contact

Someone knows any application or develop something like that?
In my opinion, the system must have de ability to send events from server to
client, to warn a client of some call of other client. Is it possible?

Tks.

Fernando Lopes

Kevin Spencer

How about Windows Messenger or Microsoft LiveMeeting?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Kevin Spencer

http://www.cutesoft.net/

But that wouldn't be "our instant messenger" either, as per Fernando's
reply to my similar suggestion.

Hmmmm... Fernando, I think you're going to have to educate your boss.
Building such an application for yourself is not only re-inventing the
wheel, but more like re-inventing the Rolls Royce, in terms of development
cost!

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Jordan Richard

<< re-inventing the Rolls Royce, in terms of development cost!>>

Agreed - but isn't it funny what people will do when spending [other
people's] money?

Fernando Lopes

Man, i really agree with you.
Me, you and others developers here have the same opinion.
But, my boss opinion is stronger then ours!

At least, tks again!

Fernando

Craig Deelsnyder

Hey there.
I want to do a instant messenger (ASP.NET) to connect the users from my
company enterprise application. This application was developed using
ASP.NET.
So, this IM must have:
- Online/Offline users from contacts list
- Send message to selected contact
- Send messages to more than one contact
- Do a chat with more than one contact

Someone knows any application or develop something like that?
In my opinion, the system must have de ability to send events from
server to
client, to warn a client of some call of other client. Is it possible?

Tks.

Fernando Lopes

Should get you started:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group...a643/bea1b5b4fee80fb9?rnum=4#bea1b5b4fee80fb9