Application Mapping in IIS and access rights

Mutley

Hi,
I have a custom HttpHandler to handle requests for custom pages and
I want to programmatically add an Application Mapping into IIS for this
handler.
What security rights will be required to add the mapping into IIS? Will
it be necessry to be logged on as an Administrator for the machine? Do
you know of any sample code showing the API calls that can be used for
adding an application mapping?

Thanks in advance for any help
John

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You need to be an administrator. You should be looking for a sample that
shows how to modify the scriptMaps metabase property. Typically this is
done with ADSI with the IIS provider or with WMI. I think the IIS SDK docs
in MSDN show how this is typically done.

Joe K.

Mutley

Thanks Joe,
I have found sample code that shows how to do what I
need. Its unfortunate though that it requires Administrator rights.
I thought I had seen somewhere before where you could specify a special
pre-defined account in script API calls that let you make API calls
without requiring administrator rights. Unfortunately it appears this
is not the case

Thanks again
John

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

As far as I know, only adminstrators can change the IIS metabase. I suppose
there might be ways to delegate this right, but I'm not sure how.

Joe K.