    It's appreciate if any export on microsoft suggest some means for
    development this kind of software.

    Thx
    Plutian, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Plutian

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Plutian" <> wrote in
    news:Oo#:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I would like to know there is any technology which similar to Java Web
    > Start? I've to build a application which has about 200 users, but we
    > won't adopt the web approach due to security concern. And the
    > application may be frequently update. So we have to develop an
    > application which can check the version of itself with the server one.
    > If the server has more update version the application will download
    > the latest one from server and then run it. It's appreciate if any
    > export on microsoft suggest some means for development this kind of
    > software.

    From Microsoft's Best Practices:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
    us/dnbda/html/updater.asp

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Plutian

    Ben Lovell Guest

    There is a similar technology available to .NET developers:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/programming/winforms/smartclient.aspx

    This will allow you to deploy software and updates through the browser (IE
    only)
    --
    Ben
    http://bitarray.co.uk/ben