    compartmentalizes functionality and then would just need to recompile DLLs
    for pages/code changed rather than all of it. Any related input, or pointers
    to books or URLs, would be appreciated.

    BobRoyAce, Jan 24, 2005

  2. BobRoyAce

    Scott Allen Guest

    It's difficult to spread out pages across multiple projects because they
    will end up in a different applications. In different applications they cannot
    share the same cache, session, or static / shared objects, so it really has
    to be the case that the pages are meant to be pieces of different apps.

    If you have plain code (not web forms) it is often worthwhile to extract
    out pieces you might use in other applications into one or more class libraries.
    You can then version the library without building the web app and also reuse
    the library for other projects.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Jan 24, 2005

  3. BobRoyAce

    Suhaib Khan Guest

    Yeah it can be done look at this article for more detail -

    http://www.dotnet247.com/247referen...01.com/articles/jayram/sharestate/default.asp

    Keep this thing in mind in doing this -

    1. Keep it Simple - Look at your options, why you need this, if you really
    have distinct modules, then you can seperate them into individual projects.
    But one thing you need to be careful is - the versions of the shared dlls
    being used by these individual projects.
    2. Don't do it for the sake of doing it.

    Suhaib

    Suhaib Khan, Jan 24, 2005