    <identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\testUser"
    password="$password$"/>

    is this the correct way to do this?

    Tom, May 29, 2007

  2. Tom wrote:
    > When I set my app pool Identity tab to a particular username and password,
    > I'm prompted for an username and password when I try to access the web site,
    > but when I have Identity set to 'predefined network service' I'm able to
    > access my web site without any issues.
    >
    > I need to have my web sites run as a particular user so in my web.config
    > files I have:
    >
    > <identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\testUser"
    > password="$password$"/>
    >
    > is this the correct way to do this?

    In the properties for the web site, in the Directory Security tab, under
    anonymous access, you specify what user account is used for anonymous
    browsing.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, May 29, 2007

  3. Tom

    bruce barker Guest

    your application pool account needs access to the virtual directories
    and the asp.net temp folders.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 29, 2007
  4. Tom

    Mike Guest

    it does. The account being used has access to everything, we just changed
    the password and now we're prompted everytime we try to access a web page.

    Mike, May 30, 2007