application pool identity question

Tom

When I set my app pool Identity tab to a particular username and password,
I'm prompted for an username and password when I try to access the web site,
but when I have Identity set to 'predefined network service' I'm able to
access my web site without any issues.

I need to have my web sites run as a particular user so in my web.config
files I have:

<identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\testUser"
password="$password$"/>

is this the correct way to do this?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Tom said:
When I set my app pool Identity tab to a particular username and password,
I'm prompted for an username and password when I try to access the web site,
but when I have Identity set to 'predefined network service' I'm able to
access my web site without any issues.

I need to have my web sites run as a particular user so in my web.config
files I have:

<identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\testUser"
password="$password$"/>

is this the correct way to do this?

In the properties for the web site, in the Directory Security tab, under
anonymous access, you specify what user account is used for anonymous
browsing.

bruce barker

your application pool account needs access to the virtual directories
and the asp.net temp folders.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Mike

it does. The account being used has access to everything, we just changed
the password and now we're prompted everytime we try to access a web page.