application reference vs shortcut

Alex D.

Today I used the ClickOnce kind of installation for one of my projetcs and I
didnt like it. It indeed created kind of a shortcut in my
programs menu, but is not a shortcut is an "Application Reference" with no
info on the real path for the app beeing referenced... so after a while I
realized my app are put in a 9zyddbgetdb folder..so I dont know where my
files ares going to be stored.
Does anyone knows how to get the real path for an "Application Reference"?
Thanks,
Alex.

Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, From what I have seen, the click once usually copies the files to the folder, <userprofile>\Apps\<framework version>\{some Guid}\

So, for windows XP, I would suggest looking at the folder C:\Documents and Settings\{user name}\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\{GUID}.

Hope this helps.