    Could somebody explain (or point me to a website that does) the difference
    between a 'virtual directory' and an 'application root'? I don't really get
    it at the moment. Thanks.

    Sheila Jones, Feb 17, 2004

  2. "Sheila Jones" <> wrote in news:uKm#v7T9DHA.452
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
    > Could somebody explain (or point me to a website that does) the difference
    > between a 'virtual directory' and an 'application root'? I don't really get
    > it at the moment. Thanks.

    Virtual directories are mappings of URLs to physical directories for the web
    server.

    Application roots are independent of this and are the "root" location for a
    specified application.

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Sheila Jones

    Sheila Jones Guest

    > Application roots are independent of this and are the "root" location for
    > specified application.

    What exactly is the "application" here? My website is just a bunch of .aspx
    files...

    Sheila Jones, Feb 17, 2004
  4. "Sheila Jones" <> wrote in news:O6eZpzX9DHA.2368
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:
    > What exactly is the "application" here? My website is just a bunch of .aspx
    > files...

    Collectively they make an "application" and share settings, as well as a
    session object.

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Feb 17, 2004