    Server 8 that it is now giving away free. Which would you use for
    production and why so?

    Robert

    Bob, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Bob wrote:

    > I am curious about your opinions on Tomcat5 vs Suns Java Applications
    > Server 8 that it is now giving away free. Which would you use for
    > production and why so?

    Sun's, since Tomcat 5 is *not* an application server, it is just a
    webserver/servlet container whereas Sun's Application Server is a
    fullfledged J2EE Application server.

    Now what you should actually use depends on your needs, and unless we know
    more about them, your question is impossible to answer.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren

    Christophe Vanfleteren, Apr 13, 2004