Application slow, slow then hang

Discussion in 'Java' started by HK, May 5, 2005.

  1. HK

    HK Guest

    shoa wrote:
    > Hello all
    > I have an application (database using mySQL, JavaBean). When I run

    it, at
    > first it is run normal, then after doing some functions (add 1 or two
    > records ) it runs slower and slower (but still run) then very slow

    (do the
    > same functions) and hang at the end.
    > Could you please tell me some reasons for this. The computer runs out

    of
    > memory?

    How do you know it runs slower?
    Are you on windows or Unix/Linux?
    Are you accessing disks?
    Are you accessing the DB via the network?

    What does top or the windows performance monitor
    tell you about cpu load and memory usage?

    I am afraid you need to be a bit more specific about
    what you are doing.

    Harald.

    shoa, May 5, 2005

  3. HK

    Guest

    Sounds like you're acquiring system resources and not releasing them
    (like opening files, but not closing). Or you could be creating loads
    of temporary objects and these are being garbage collected, hence the
    slowness. Check your code some more.

    , May 6, 2005
  4. HK

    shoa Guest

    Thanks
    I found that some fields in mySQL database are incorrect (with queries)
    S.Hoa

    shoa, May 6, 2005