application structural design

mimi

Hi everyone,

My application's directory structure is as

MyApplication
|- Admin dir
|- Customer dir
|- User dir
|- Controls dir
|- Bin
|- images
web.config, global.asax

The controls folder contains page templates for using in user, admin and
customer section. Pages in User, admin and Customer sections are similar
but have different views.
My difficulty is when moving to production, each section has its own virtual
directory and login page. If I keep the same directory structure then how
does it know which page should go to first. For ex, if admin user logs into
admin section, how the application knows to redirect it to Admin/logon.aspx.
Likewise for Customer section

Thanks

mimi

I have read about sub applications within an application. I hope that is
the way to go....still researching...