    global one pass solution if possible.
    TIA
    Brian Tozer

    KiwiBrian, Jan 8, 2005

  2. KiwiBrian

    Richard Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message
    news:crpa7u$bfh$...
    > Is there a program/application that I can point at my site on my Hard

    Drive,
    > and will give me a print report of the size of each page on the site,
    > including dependant files?
    > I have a couple of means of doing this one page at a time, but would like

    > global one pass solution if possible.
    > TIA
    > Brian Tozer

    At first I thougth treesize might do this but it does not list each file
    seperately.

    Perhaps a directory listing in DOS might do what you want.
    Such as c:> dir /p

    This will list the directory by page, allowing you to see a long list of
    files.

    Richard, Jan 8, 2005

  3. KiwiBrian

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    >>"KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message

    >> Is there a program/application that I can point at my site on my Hard
    >> Drive, and will give me a print report of the size of each page on the site,
    >> including dependant files?
    >>

    >Perhaps a directory listing in DOS might do what you want.
    >Such as c:> dir /p
    >
    >This will list the directory by page, allowing you to see a long list of
    >files.

    What does the phrase
    "each page ... including dependant files"
    mean to you?

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 8, 2005
  4. KiwiBrian

    Mitja Guest

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 07:53:53 +1300, KiwiBrian <> wrote:

    > Is there a program/application that I can point at my site on my Hard
    > Drive, and will give me a print report of the size of each page on the
    > site,
    > including dependant files?

    I've used "Xenu's link sleuth". Simple and free. Only does the basic
    stuff, but it's usually enough.

    --
    Mitja

    Mitja, Jan 8, 2005
  5. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Steve Pugh" <> wrote.
    >>>"KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message

    >>> Is there a program/application that I can point at my site on my Hard
    >>> Drive, and will give me a print report of the size of each page on the
    >>> site,
    >>> including dependant files?

    > What does the phrase
    > "each page ... including dependant files"
    > mean to you?

    My desire was to get a feel for the download time of each of the site's
    pages.
    Each page has a small amount of text, hence a small html file, but as the
    site is primarily an artist's picture gallery the download time is primarily
    dependant on the data-size of the particular images displayed on each page.
    Hence a printed report that gave each HTML file-name, and the filenames and
    data-sizes of all of the images displayed on that page would be very useful.
    Thanks
    Brian Tozer.

    KiwiBrian, Jan 9, 2005
  6. KiwiBrian

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote:
    >"Steve Pugh" <> wrote.

    >> What does the phrase
    >> "each page ... including dependant files"
    >> mean to you?

    I was actually asking RtS not you.
    RtS thought that a simple directory listing would give what you asked
    for.

    >Hence a printed report that gave each HTML file-name, and the filenames and
    >data-sizes of all of the images displayed on that page would be very useful.

    Which a simple directory listing wouldn't do.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jan 9, 2005
  7. KiwiBrian

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Perhaps a directory listing in DOS might do what you want.
    > Such as c:> dir /p

    Richard has (for once) stumbled on an almost correct answer.

    Open a DOS window, CD to the correct directory, and then issue this
    command:

    DIR /4 /S /OG /ON /OE >listing.txt

    Then open listing.txt in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and print it off.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jan 9, 2005
  8. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> Perhaps a directory listing in DOS might do what you want.
    >> Such as c:> dir /p

    > Richard has (for once) stumbled on an almost correct answer.
    >
    > Open a DOS window, CD to the correct directory, and then issue this
    > command:
    >
    > DIR /4 /S /OG /ON /OE >listing.txt
    >
    > Then open listing.txt in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and print it off.

    Thanks Toby, but I don't think I can do that in my XP, or if I can I don't
    know how.
    Attempts have been unsuccessful.
    Brian Tozer

    KiwiBrian, Jan 9, 2005
  9. KiwiBrian

    Toby Inkster Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:

    > Thanks Toby, but I don't think I can do that in my XP,

    Yeah, you can.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./counting_crows/rain_king_acoustic_version.ogg

    Toby Inkster, Jan 9, 2005