Application type error - does not make sense

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Guest, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a inquiry form that works perfectly under nearly every condition I
    test. Yet, I seem to be getting increasing error messages from users and I
    cannot figure out the cuase of the problem:
    ERROR

    ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'

    Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current

    operation.

    /globalincludes/inquire/pInquire_Execute.asp, line 306

    CODE

    Sub
    oCmd2.Parameters.append oCmd2.CreateParameter("u_browser", advarchar,
    adParamInput,70,sBrowser)
    --
    End Sub

    DATABASE

    u_browser, varchar(100) Yes - Allow Nulls

    CONCLUSION:
    It does not make sense. I have the right data type and the database field is
    bigger than the Sp size constraint...

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks
    Jason
    Guest, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Do you have "advarchar" defined anywhere? Do you not use Option Explicit in
    your code? Tsk tsk tsk! :]

    Const advarchar = 200
    Const adParamInput = 1

    This is my guess anyway.