application variables

Hursh

Hi,

I have read in books regarding application variables is that some
object should not be stored in these variables, like apartment
threaded objects.

however is it ok to save objects of user defined classes.
i.e.

============================
class foo
end class

dim demo
set demo=new foo

Application.Lock
Application("temp")=demo
Application.Unlock
============================

will this work??

tia
Hursh

PL

will this work??

No, because the classes you create in VBScript lives in the scope of the VBScript engine,
not in the ASP context.

Remember that ASP is just a framework, the language you use is VBScript, if you define
a Class in VBScript it lives inside the VBScript interpreter.

PL.