    session expires. So that if they leave their desk and the session expires,
    can you bounce them to a page explaining this and to re-login.

    thanx.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Dec 24, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Saravana Guest

    Hi,

    1. There are many ways for state management in asp.net. Depending upon your
    requirement, you need to choose. Check out this faq to know what are state
    management option available in asp.net
    http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/faq/StateManagementInASPNET.aspx

    2. Form authentication can be used for this purpose. To know more about this
    check out this faq,
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308157

    --
    Saravana
    www.ExtremeExperts.com

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > 1.) I have a web app that will be primarilary used by internal (internal
    > network resources) users, approx. 40-50 at any one time, then there will

    be
    > external (external coming into the internal network) users approx. 5-10 at
    > any one time.
    >
    > Which is better, store login information in Session or Application? I have
    > used Session (Session("name")= "abc") for ASP for years. What about

    ASP.NET?

    Saravana, Dec 24, 2004