Application vs. Session

Guest

1.) I have a web app that will be primarilary used by internal (internal
network resources) users, approx. 40-50 at any one time, then there will be
external (external coming into the internal network) users approx. 5-10 at
any one time.

Which is better, store login information in Session or Application? I have
used Session (Session("name")= "abc") for ASP for years. What about ASP.NET?
I have approx. 5-7 values per user, no more than 30 characters value.

2.) Is there a clean way in ASP.NET to clear/redirect a user if/when their
session expires. So that if they leave their desk and the session expires,
can you bounce them to a page explaining this and to re-login.

thanx.