application with plugin support ?

Howie

Hi,

i want to write a application with pluginsupport,
with some extras.

The application is devided in several parts.

1) function classes a la <math.h> for 3d-calculation, matrix, vector,
Mesh-classes,
other geometry classes,

2) ObjectBaseclass with:
attributes like position,rotation, dimension, flags in several
variables. (double,long,..)
instances of 3D-Mesh-objects etc.

childs from type of ObjectBaseclass-pointer (to make a tree of
objects/nodes)
iackpointer to BaseAppClass so every object can start
pBaseAppClass->ShowTree()....

virtual functions like Move(),Show(),Print(),
onMouseOver,MouseMove..
wich can be overloaded by an inherit class.
functions to go recursiv through the tree and call
object->Show().... etc. for each node.
functions to add a new childobject/node as pointer to the current
childlist. (via fabric-design-pattern)

3) BaseAppClass with:
The root object as instance of ObjectBaseclass called "World".
functions like ShowTree() or PrintTree()
global variables, buffers etc.

4) Application (ActiveX with ATL) with:
Instance of BaseAppClass;
Interface to Scripting (JavaScript, VB,Delphi,...COM)

5) Now there are object-developer wich can inherit a
class from ObjectBaseclass and do some special behaviour or
manipulation for the
special object he/she designs.

That is the way it works now.

1-3,5 are AnsiC++
4 Implementationspecific now ActiveX, later maybe other
implementations
First goal is to run the ActiveX with PlugIns.

I am searching vor a way (doc,tips,hints,links or books about this
theme) to make
the part 5 in plugins.
What do you think about ?

Thanks in advance,