Application_AuthenticateRequest

Nugs

Hey there again,

Well I am still having this problem with my forms authentication. My
I would post a new topic for it.

In my last post I mentioned the following note:

[http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/h
tml/SecNetch13.asp]
Using Forms Authentication
Make sure that the cookie name specified in the <forms> element is being
retrieved in the global.asax event handler correctly
(Application_AuthenticateRequest). Also, make sure the cookie is being
created. If the client is continuously sent back to the login page
(specified by the loginUrl attribute on the <forms> element) this indicates
that the cookie is not being created for some reason, or an authenticated
identity is not being placed into the context (HttpContext.User)

My question is simple... What are they talking about? How do I make sure the
"cookie name specified in the <forms> element is being retrieved in the
global.asax event handler correctly". And what is
"Application_AuthenticateRequest"?

I think this may solve my previously posted problem (Hello everyone...). Any
further help on that problem would be more than helpful right now!

Thanks guys

Nugs