Application_AuthenticateRequest

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nugs, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. Nugs

    Nugs Guest

    Hey there again,

    Well I am still having this problem with my forms authentication. My
    I would post a new topic for it.

    In my last post I mentioned the following note:

    [http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/h
    tml/SecNetch13.asp]
    Using Forms Authentication
    Make sure that the cookie name specified in the <forms> element is being
    retrieved in the global.asax event handler correctly
    (Application_AuthenticateRequest). Also, make sure the cookie is being
    created. If the client is continuously sent back to the login page
    (specified by the loginUrl attribute on the <forms> element) this indicates
    that the cookie is not being created for some reason, or an authenticated
    identity is not being placed into the context (HttpContext.User)

    My question is simple... What are they talking about? How do I make sure the
    "cookie name specified in the <forms> element is being retrieved in the
    global.asax event handler correctly". And what is
    "Application_AuthenticateRequest"?

    I think this may solve my previously posted problem (Hello everyone...). Any
    further help on that problem would be more than helpful right now!

    Thanks guys

    Nugs

    Nugs, Apr 17, 2004