Application_BeginRequest hit several Times in release mode - WebResource.axd

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rahul, May 11, 2006.

  1. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    Earlier this evening i posted a question that my debug point is hit
    several times, But after I published the application. I could
    significantly see less round trip per request for Application_Begin
    Request.

    So in my Application_Beginrequest function i am writing a line to the
    event viewer.I see that for each request my event viewer has 3 entries.

    When i open the event viewer I get a strange kind of message "Message:
    Begin Request :
    /AtomicFm/WebResource.axd?d=X7VVyqCpf5IstFksckqfjg2&t=632788899484924371"

    Now i am wondering why my Application_Beginrequest is hit 3 times per
    request made by clciking a hyperlink.

    I also do a lot of cache retreival when i call the
    Application_BeginRequest function. I have read several forums and they
    say webresource.axd is a part of the HttpHandler.By the way , Yes , I
    am using tree view and Menu control.

    Do u guys think could there be a way that my Application_BeginRequest
    could be hit only obe time per request.

    Thanks

    Sweety Singhania

    Rahul, May 11, 2006