Application_Error - Error Handling & Webservices

Krissy

Hi all,

I am practically tearing my hair out here!!

In my global.asax file, I have in the Application_error() sub a call to a
sub in a library file.

What I aim to do is to log the error in the database for our developers to
reference to.

As I aim to use this code across servers, I created a webservice on one
server that has a basic insert to insert this information into the database.

This library file contains a call to the webservice, passing through
variables to insert.

However, when an error occurs on a page, the webservice doesnt seem to be
called (as nothing gets inserted into the database)

If I go to the actual webservice page, and invoke the function it works and
inserts something into the database.

Even if I make just an .aspx file and put code in that to call the
webservice, it works!

Does anyone know if you can't call a webservice once an application has an
error?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kristi