Application_Start in Global.asax doesnt fire!

gamesforums

Hi!

I have some code within the Application_Start event in Global.asax
that runs a sqlscript against my sql server to check the databas
version. My problem is that sometimes the Application_Start event
doesnt fire, it skips it and goes directly to my default.aspx file.

I do the following:

1. IISReset.
2. Deploy application files.
3. Start http://localhost/default.aspx

Sometimes the Application_Start is fired, other times it doesnt. I
have seen that this more often do happen in my production environment
(IIS 6.0, Windows Server 2003) than on my developer machine.

Any ideas?

Mcad

gamesforums

On your production server, if you've got a file named
'PreCompiledApp.config, delete it.

There's a KB article re this issue at
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;937095>

Mike

On 10/18/07 9:57 AM, in article
(e-mail address removed),

Thanx!
I will try that when i get access to production server again.
We are currently deploying the Global.asax file each time we deploy,
will try to remove that from our build server, the code is in
global.asax.vb anyway so that should be fine.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Anyone else have ideas about why this happens?

Did you try what I suggested ?