application_start in webservices

mekim

Hello...since application_start is not being called when u invoke a
webservice for the first time...where r u suppose to or how r u suppose to
persist "application_start" global variables?

My "work" around is to launch a webform1 that starts application_start...but
that seems silly :)

Regards,
mekim

Dan Rogers

Hi,

In general, the advice is to make your web services stateless - that is not
use any server side state to store session information. The easiest way to
manage state across the web service bounday is to activate cookies (proxy
must accept cookies) and use cookies to persist state across the call.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation