    that seems silly :)

    Regards,
    mekim

    mekim, Oct 27, 2004

  2. mekim

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    In general, the advice is to make your web services stateless - that is not
    use any server side state to store session information. The easiest way to
    manage state across the web service bounday is to activate cookies (proxy
    must accept cookies) and use cookies to persist state across the call.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?bWVraW0=?=" <>
    >Subject: application_start in webservices
    >Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:49:10 -0700
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices

    >Hello...since application_start is not being called when u invoke a
    >webservice for the first time...where r u suppose to or how r u suppose to
    >persist "application_start" global variables?
    >
    >My "work" around is to launch a webform1 that starts

    application_start...but

    Dan Rogers, Nov 24, 2004