Application_Start not firing

Guest

I have a web app that was built on my local computer. Locally everythign
works great, but when I put the app up on the remote server, the
Application_Start event does not seem to fire, which is a problem because
there are variables there that need to be set. I have other web apps on this
same machine that work great. The remote mahcine is running win 2k3 asp.net
1.1 sp1 IIS 6, the local is running Win Xp sp2 asp.net 1.1 iis 5. Thanks.

Brock Allen

Is the directory where you're uploading the files configured as its own application
in IIS?

George

You need to configure the folder as an Application in IIS Management console.
If you do not have access to it then your Host should provide a way to do so in Control Panel or over the phone

George

I have a web app that was built on my local computer. Locally everythign
works great, but when I put the app up on the remote server, the
Application_Start event does not seem to fire, which is a problem because
there are variables there that need to be set. I have other web apps on this
same machine that work great. The remote mahcine is running win 2k3 asp.net
1.1 sp1 IIS 6, the local is running Win Xp sp2 asp.net 1.1 iis 5. Thanks.

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

That's not possible. If you can access your web application, it necessarily
implies that the application event fired.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

Guest

Figured it out, I forgot to copy over the global.asax file to the remote
server, that is why none of the code in the application_start event was
running.