    there are variables there that need to be set. I have other web apps on this
    same machine that work great. The remote mahcine is running win 2k3 asp.net
    1.1 sp1 IIS 6, the local is running Win Xp sp2 asp.net 1.1 iis 5. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVzc3RlY2g=?=, Nov 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVzc3RlY2g=?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    Is the directory where you're uploading the files configured as its own application
    in IIS?

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Nov 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGVzc3RlY2g=?=

    George Guest

    You need to configure the folder as an Application in IIS Management console.
    If you do not have access to it then your Host should provide a way to do so in Control Panel or over the phone

    George

    George, Nov 10, 2005
  4. That's not possible. If you can access your web application, it necessarily
    implies that the application event fired.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
    Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

    Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP, Nov 10, 2005
  5. Figured it out, I forgot to copy over the global.asax file to the remote
    server, that is why none of the code in the application_start event was
    running.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVzc3RlY2g=?=, Nov 11, 2005