ApplicationId

Juan T. Llibre

Do you mean the ApplicationID in System,
or the ApplicationID in Membership ?

JJ

I'm not sure. I am storing information in a table when a users registers on
the site.
I need to store their username etc, but also the ApplicationID of the site.

JJ

Juan T. Llibre

Yup.

That's the Membership ApplicationID.

It's simply an unique identifier column with name ApplicationID
in the aspnet_Applications table in the Membership database.

Retrieve it just like you would any other table field.

See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/asp2prvdr02.asp

You may find it simpler to set/retrieve the Application name in the web.config for your app:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.security.membership.applicationname.aspx

JJ

But how does the membership provider get the ApplicationId in the first
place? (i.e. before any records are created)

Ideally I'd like to get it in the code then store it, rather than get it
from one table, then store it in another.

JJ