Applications unable to have own App Pools

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cameron.39@gmail.com, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I am currently running into a bug where I have two applications on the
    same machine, using the same Identity, for the same web site. One
    application (App1) accesses the other application (App2).
    The issue is with the application pool. The objective is for each
    application to have its own application pool.
    However, when the applications are set to different application pools,
    a 400 error occurs:

    Error

    The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

    It has been set up for both of them to use the same application pool
    but with several other applications on the horizon, that is not a
    solid solution.

    Thank you in advance for your help!
    , Feb 7, 2007

  2. Each Application Pool is a separate process. You can't run 2 applications
    with the same identity in separate processes. If you want to run the 2 apps
    in separate Application Pools, you will have to use some form or remote
    procedure call (Remoting or Web Services) for them to communicate.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    Software Composer
    http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

    The shortest distance between 2 points is a curve.

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 8, 2007

  3. C_P Guest

    Kevin,

    Thank you for your help!

    I should clarify the issue.
    I am getting an 400 error when one application is trying to access a
    web service (on the same machine) in another application.
    It will work only if they are in the same application pool.
    I have multiple people have told me this *should* work and there seems
    to be little documentation of this issue, so I'm a little lost on
    this.

    Thanks again for your help!
    C_P, Feb 8, 2007