Applications unable to have own App Pools

Cameron.39

Hello,

I am currently running into a bug where I have two applications on the
same machine, using the same Identity, for the same web site. One
application (App1) accesses the other application (App2).
The issue is with the application pool. The objective is for each
application to have its own application pool.
However, when the applications are set to different application pools,
a 400 error occurs:

Error

The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

It has been set up for both of them to use the same application pool
but with several other applications on the horizon, that is not a
solid solution.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kevin Spencer

Each Application Pool is a separate process. You can't run 2 applications
with the same identity in separate processes. If you want to run the 2 apps
in separate Application Pools, you will have to use some form or remote
procedure call (Remoting or Web Services) for them to communicate.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Software Composer
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

The shortest distance between 2 points is a curve.

C_P

Kevin,

Thank you for your help!

I should clarify the issue.
I am getting an 400 error when one application is trying to access a
web service (on the same machine) in another application.
It will work only if they are in the same application pool.
I have multiple people have told me this *should* work and there seems
to be little documentation of this issue, so I'm a little lost on
this.

Thanks again for your help!