Appln failure with OCIEnvCreate( &m_env, mode, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 );

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by LFelix, Jul 27, 2009.

  1. LFelix

    LFelix Guest

    Our 32-bit application fails with an error
    Error invoking Remote Procedure Call: The error specified is not a valid
    Windows RPC error code.
    (Invoked by Online_Rollback_Segment())
    to complete the database SID creation through our application while trying
    to execute OCIEnvCreate. We are using 64-bit Oracle
    11g on 64-bit Windows 2003/2008 machine.
    We are testing this piece of code with 64-bit Oracle 11g for which it fails.
    The same piece of code works fine for
    32-bit oracle11g on 64-bit windows 2003/2008 application

    Below is the piece of code snippet for which there is a problem
    bool COracleConnection::Connect( TCHAR const *sid, TCHAR const *username,
    TCHAR
    const *password, bool asSysdba /*= false */ ) { if( !m_initialized || sid ==
    NULL ) return false; short status; ub4 mode = OCI_DEFAULT; #ifdef _UNICODE
    mode
    |= OCI_UTF16; #endif // create the oracle environment OCIEnvCreate( &m_env,
    mode, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 );
    Please let us know the cause and the probable solution to resolve this
    problem
    so that our application works fine

    LFelix, Jul 27, 2009