appointment calender in java

Discussion in 'Java' started by Navnath Gadakh, Dec 1, 2012.

  1. i want appointment calender in java plz help?
    Navnath Gadakh, Dec 1, 2012

  2. Navnath Gadakh

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 12/1/2012 6:33 AM, Navnath Gadakh wrote:
    > i want appointment calender in java plz help?

    Be more specific, or get an Android phone.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    Eric Sosman, Dec 1, 2012

  3. i am developing swing application in that i want appointment scheduler like google how i can do that plz help?
    Navnath Gadakh, Dec 3, 2012
  4. Navnath Gadakh

    Lew Guest

    On Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:27:44 PM UTC-8, Navnath Gadakh wrote:
    > i [sic] am developing swing [sic] application in that i [sic] want
    > appointment scheduler
    > like google [sic] how i [sic] can do that plz [sic] help?

    Navnath, you seem to have overlooked Eric's helpful advice:

    On Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:17:57 AM UTC-8, Eric Sosman wrote:
    > Be more specific, or get an Android phone.

    You have multiple difficulties with your approach. Be patient,
    I wish to say many things, none comfortable for you, all helpful.

    This forum, that is, comp.lang.java.programmer, is a cooperative
    discussion group.

    You have repeated essentially your original question, imperiously,
    without signifying that you've put any thought into your own approach.
    No one will simply invent a complicated program for you, voluntarily,
    with so little to go on. It makes it sound like what you want isn't
    actually help at all, but someone to do everything for you.

    No one is going to play substitute for your brain on your behalf.

    That said, here is help available on how to start out with such
    vague ideas. Take whatever value you choose from these links - their
    authors have ideas you might or might not find useful:

    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html
    http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html

    You need to get down to specifics. "A calendar" is what?

    There are different approaches to that analysis.

    One is to map out all the actions you'd take while using your
    own product, along with sketches of each screen.

    This is called "storyboarding". It's also what cartoonists and movie
    makers do when planning a film - map out scenes or screens and what
    actions emanate from each one.

    Do you know how to program in Swing?

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Dec 3, 2012
  5. Navnath Gadakh

    Stuart Guest

    On 12/3/12 Lew wrote:
    > Navnath, you seem to have overlooked Eric's helpful advice:
    >
    > On Saturday, December 1, 2012 6:17:57 AM UTC-8, Eric Sosman wrote:
    >> Be more specific, or get an Android phone.

    > You have multiple difficulties with your approach. Be patient,
    > I wish to say many things, none comfortable for you, all helpful.
    >
    > This forum, that is, comp.lang.java.programmer, is a cooperative
    > discussion group.
    >
    > You have repeated essentially your original question, imperiously,
    > without signifying that you've put any thought into your own approach.
    > No one will simply invent a complicated program for you, voluntarily,
    > with so little to go on. It makes it sound like what you want isn't
    > actually help at all, but someone to do everything for you.
    >
    > No one is going to play substitute for your brain on your behalf.
    >
    > That said, here is help available on how to start out with such
    > vague ideas. Take whatever value you choose from these links - their
    > authors have ideas you might or might not find useful:
    >
    > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html
    > http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >
    > You need to get down to specifics. "A calendar" is what?
    >
    > There are different approaches to that analysis.
    >
    > One is to map out all the actions you'd take while using your
    > own product, along with sketches of each screen.
    >
    > This is called "storyboarding". It's also what cartoonists and movie
    > makers do when planning a film - map out scenes or screens and what
    > actions emanate from each one.
    >
    > Do you know how to program in Swing?

    Since I very much doubt that he will do so, I'll do it in his stead:
    Thanks for taking so much time to help an apparent newsgroup newbie. You
    have been far kinder than most people at comp.lang.c++, who would
    probably have written a rather more rebuking answer.

    Regards,
    Stuart
    Stuart, Dec 3, 2012
  6. Navnath Gadakh

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 12/3/2012 1:27 AM, Navnath Gadakh wrote:
    > i am developing swing application in that i want appointment scheduler like google how i can do that plz help?

    You've provided a little more detail, but not much. Which
    part(s) of the task are troubling you? You'll probably need a
    persistent store for appointments, a calendar presentation for
    viewing them, and an editor for creating, modifying, and deleting
    them. You may also want an E-mail or SMS or other means to send
    notices when appointment times are approaching, perhaps a scheme
    for giving appointments different privacy levels, maybe a multi-
    calendar browser to find times when a set of people could schedule
    a meeting, perhaps a way to allow others to add appointments to
    specified parts of your schedule ("office hours"), ...

    In other words, "appointment scheduler like Google" does not
    describe your problem with enough precision to allow people to
    offer you much help. A full-fledged Google Calendar clone would
    be a very large project for one person.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    Eric Sosman, Dec 3, 2012
  7. Navnath Gadakh

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 03:33:10 -0800 (PST), Navnath Gadakh
    who said :

    >i want appointment calender in java plz help?

    Are you looking for some third party widget you can just plug into
    your app? does it have to be free?

    Are you looking for help on designing one?

    What is this going to run on, a desktop, a cellphone?
    Roedy Green, Dec 5, 2012
  8. Navnath Gadakh

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 12/3/2012 1:27 AM, Navnath Gadakh wrote:
    > i am developing swing application in that i want appointment scheduler like google how i can do that plz help?

    How do you write other software?

    You define requirements, create an architecture, create a design,
    implement and test.

    It sounds as a multi user calendar you want so:
    multiple Java desktop apps---------database server
    or:
    multiple Java desktop apps-----web services----database server
    is probably what you want.