    Which gives me more space to use and with a lot less clutter.
    So now I'm working on this approach and seeing if it will work the way I
    want it to or not.

    Richard, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/switchmenu.htm

    > I spent several hours today looking through various scripts that would do
    > what I wanted. that is:

    > column1..............column2............column3.......
    > main nav............thumbnails.........enlarged view

    > Only problem is, none of the scripts I was seeing went this far.
    > Then it dawned on me.
    > Use this "tree" like script to show the various thumbnails then link those
    > to the output division on the page.
    > Which gives me more space to use and with a lot less clutter.
    > So now I'm working on this approach and seeing if it will work the way I
    > want it to or not.

    Most interesting.
    I've incorporated the "tooltip" script so you get a popup window with the
    larger image.
    What's nice about this tooltip is, each item is totally customizable with
    various attributes. So that each image can have it's own "box" to be
    displayed in along with a caption.
    Drawback being that no linebreaks are allowed in the caption. Unless I do it
    in a "<li" fashion.

    In the expanding menu, I added an overflow:scroll, which IE ignores while
    firefox shows it just fine.

    Working out rather decent though.

    Richard, Dec 24, 2004