    something that write directly to the DB)

    Please advice. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

    , Jan 21, 2009

  2. There are a couple of ways to skin this cat.

    One is to code against your mail server to retrieve messages from a certain
    box. Another is to create your own "mail server" that accepts the returned
    messages (this can be a forward from a "real" mail server). the important
    point is you need to know when mail comes in, either automatically (as in
    the "mail server" methdology) or by polling.

    Once you have the message, you can code software to take that message and
    insert what you need in SQL Server.

    I would imagine someone has already coded a mail reply system like you are
    looking for and it would probably be cheaper to buy than build. If that
    approach is impossible for your situation, there are numerous open source
    email servers you can download (more in C# than VB) and implement your own
    digital signature receiving software.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, Se, SD, DBA

    Blog:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jan 21, 2009