Arabic Language support and Unicode Performance

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hari Shankar, Aug 2, 2004.

  1. Hari Shankar

    Hari Shankar Guest

    Dear all
    I am supposed to develop a world ready application in C# 2003 (which will
    run in xp) which should aupport Arabic & Hebrew also. My doubts(Fears) are:

    1. Do i have to create all the forms, message boxes in Arabic also. Does it
    mean that my application will have duplicate forms. One for Arabic and One
    for Non-Arabic. I am planning to use Access 2000. How will the arabic tests
    be written in the database? Can i be able to recognise/Display like normal
    characters in my application?

    2. I know that .NET 2003 supports Unicode 16 bit Encoding Scheme. Is it
    possible to store Unicode strings in Access Database? If so then How will it
    affect the performance of the application? say i am Sorting, concatenating
    some 1000 records?
    Moreover i may also have to send the unicode data to Graphic Displays!! Is
    it easy and fast to convert the data using .NET namespace?

    If any of you have faced/solved such issues, please help me out. If possible
    hint me some references also.

    Ciao
    Hari
    Hari Shankar, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Hari Shankar

    Uri Dor Guest

    Hi, Hari,
    to your 1st question - I assume you'll have to have duplicate forms, one
    for RTL and one for LTR. I don't know if anyone has a component which
    will automatically convert an LTR layout to RTL, and how bad such a
    conversion will look like. you can try - have all controls use "inherit"
    as their RightToLeft property and horizontally-flip all controls if you
    change it.
    The problem is that some controls don't support RTL. Some of them can be
    coerced into supporting it, such as treeviews, using code like this:
    public class HebTreeView : TreeView
    {
    #region right to left (RTL) layout

    const int WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL = 0x400000;
    const int WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT = 0x100000;
    protected override CreateParams CreateParams
    {
    get
    {
    CreateParams CP = base.CreateParams;
    if (/*MS Sample: !base.DesignMode && */RightToLeft ==
    RightToLeft.Yes)
    CP.ExStyle = CP.ExStyle | WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL
    | WS_EX_NOINHERITLAYOUT;
    return CP;
    #endregion
    }

    to the 2nd question: yes, Access stores in Unicode. I'm not sure why
    you're worried about performance when you only have ~1000 records.

    regarding "graphic displays" - I didn't understand the question.

    Shalom
    Uri

    Uri Dor, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Hari Shankar

    rasha Guest

    Hari Shankar wrote:
    > *Dear all
    > I am supposed to develop a world ready application in C# 2003 (which
    > will
    > run in xp) which should aupport Arabic & Hebrew also. My
    > doubts(Fears) are:
    >
    > 1. Do i have to create all the forms, message boxes in Arabic also.
    > Does it
    > mean that my application will have duplicate forms. One for Arabic
    > and One
    > for Non-Arabic. I am planning to use Access 2000. How will the arabic
    > tests
    > be written in the database? Can i be able to recognise/Display like
    > normal
    > characters in my application?
    >
    > 2. I know that .NET 2003 supports Unicode 16 bit Encoding Scheme. Is
    > it
    > possible to store Unicode strings in Access Database? If so then How
    > will it
    > affect the performance of the application? say i am Sorting,
    > concatenating
    > some 1000 records?
    > Moreover i may also have to send the unicode data to Graphic
    > Displays!! Is
    > it easy and fast to convert the data using .NET namespace?
    >
    > If any of you have faced/solved such issues, please help me out. If
    > possible
    > hint me some references also.
    >
    > Ciao
    > Hari *

    :(
    Dear Hari
    I'm Rasha
    I am supposed to develop a world ready application in VB.Net
    And I Face the same problem ,If you find a good Solution please send it
    to me at

    rasha

    --
    rasha
    rasha, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Hari Shankar

    vphriya

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    hai all

    i need to extract all the arabic text files and generate unicode for all he characters.
    pls suggest me how to do
    vphriya, Jul 31, 2006