Architectural assistance needed!

news.microsoft.com

Hello,
I need to build statistics for a small asp.net web site. People basically
come to search in a book database through the site.
The statistics should reveal how often unique users search the site.

Are there tools that can be used for these task. Which ones?

Otherwise how can this be done best?

Any help would be higly appreciated.

Many thanks
JB

Peter Rilling

Well, you can always stored the IP address of the computer in a database and
relate it to some search criteria if necessary. Not sure what you mean by
"tools." Now, the problem you might have is there is no way to really
ensure "uniqueness" because many people have dynamic addresses or connect
through some for of NAT system.

So you might have a database with the fields: IpAddress, SearchOnDate,
SearchQuery.

Then later you can generate reports with this raw data.

Guest

Why not take a look at Google Analytics? It's free.
Don't reinvent the wheel (unless you have to...)

Peter