    please clarify my doubts..

    Thanks and Regards
    HariKiran

    GMHK, Jul 29, 2005

  2. On 29 Jul 2005 03:21:06 -0700, GMHK <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone give me the architecture details of GRE exam online exam
    > simulator.
    >
    > In this exam, the questions will be popping up very randomly..
    > with varying difficulty level...
    >
    > i want to know, whether this kind of simulator, makes use of any
    > database
    > or does it makes uuse of the flat file, to store the questions..
    >

    > please clarify my doubts..
    >
    > Thanks and Regards
    > HariKiran

    If you have a stable set of exam questions, there is no reason to
    use a database. A flat file in the XML format is editable and
    flexible. Unless you have a truly monsterous set of questions,
    keeping the entire set in memory as a DOM is entirely feasible
    and so much simpler than a separate database.

    Bill
    http://www.wbrogden.com/

    William Brogden, Jul 29, 2005

  3. GMHK

    Joan Guest

    "GMHK" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone give me the architecture details of GRE exam online
    > exam
    > simulator.
    >
    > In this exam, the questions will be popping up very randomly..
    > with varying difficulty level...

    I downloaded a sample exam for the "GRE EXAM" and ran it.
    It uses macromedia flash and does not pop-up anything, it goes
    from question 1 to 2 etc to 37 or whatever.

    > i want to know, whether this kind of simulator, makes use of
    > any
    > database
    > or does it makes uuse of the flat file, to store the
    > questions..

    If you are asking about what to do in java, I would recommend a
    List such as.

    static List<String> sArray = new ArrayList<String>(32);

    Joan, Jul 30, 2005
  4. GMHK

    GMHK Guest

    Hi,
    test reply

    GMHK, Aug 1, 2005
  5. GMHK

    GMHK Guest

    Hi,

    The actual requirement in the project is:
    1) we have a huge collections of questions for example 30000.
    2) the examamination goes for 120min,
    3) In an exam, totally 150 questions are givn to the student.
    4) those 150 questions are given randomly and it should not repeat.
    5) In My application, i want to store the students results info as well
    6) That application should give me the report on my performance, after
    2 to 3
    exams.
    7) i am not using any servlets, and any servers, it is a complete
    standalone application.

    please tell me for this kind, DB or flatfile is a suitable solution.

    Thanks and Regards
    HariKiran

    GMHK, Aug 1, 2005