    http address? I know I am missing some basic here, please help.

    Thanks,

    Innova
    Innova, Feb 6, 2007

  2. Innova

    Eugen Guest

    Maybe this link will help you:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...e076e9-bb14-49f4-b3f5-f60d451c1f71&sloc=en-us

    Eugen

    Eugen, Feb 6, 2007

  3. Innova

    WishMaster Guest

    On Feb 7, 5:30 am, Eugen <> wrote:
    > Maybe this link will help you:
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public...
    >
    > Eugen
    >

    > "Innova" wrote:
    > > I am sure this is a very common scenario, however this first time for me.

    > > My client wants to share some business data with the Suppliers using a web
    > > portal build on .Net.

    > > The web server is hosted at a third party. We are considering using the .net
    > > web service for this purpose. The business data, of course, is inside the
    > > firewall. We are planning a web service sitting inside the firewall
    > > communicating with the Business data (the database). But the question is how
    > > the portal pages on the web server are going to call that web service. What
    > > http address? I know I am missing some basic here, please help.

    > > Thanks,

    > > Innova- Hide quoted text -

    I would suggest to deploy your web service in DMZ and portal can
    access the web service using the http address, where you will host
    your web service (just like a website).
    As you mentioned that Supplier (I think external systems) are going to
    consume your webservice then you have to considard the Direct or
    Brokered Authentication during the development of webservice. See the
    2nd following link in this message.
    How to deploy, see http://www.webservicesarchitect.com/content/
    articles/hankison02.asp

    Implement the Authentications: see free downloadable book by
    Microsoft. Gr8 book.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c8-128a-47c2-9f39-4082582f3fe1&displayLang=en

    Cheers,
    Amer