Archive::Tar on win32

Discussion in 'Perl' started by labrach, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. labrach

    labrach Guest

    hye,

    I'm using Archive::Tar to create .tar.gz file on either Unix or Win32
    boxes
    The archive is created with the class method :
    Archive::Tar->create_archive('test.tgz',9, @filelist);
    where @filelist contains a relative path file list extracted from a
    given directory
    This works fine on both platforms

    On unix I can extract my archive with
    gtar xvfz test.tgz
    as well as with :
    Archive::Tar->extract_archive ('test.tgz');

    On Win NT, the perl command works fine for extraction, but when using
    a front end application such as PowerArchiver, the files do not have
    the path stored in the archives, so that they are all extracted in the
    same directory

    Any tips ??

    thanks a lot

    labrach