Archive::Zip - how to create huge zip files ?

MoshiachNow

Hi,
My code is :

my $zip = Archive::Zip->new();
$zip->addFile("Updates.txt");
$zip->writeToFileNamed($NAME1);

However - If I'm zipping huge (20GB) database files into the zip - how
and when should I write (writeToFileNamed) this zip file?I beleive
Windows will not be able to keep this huge info in the memory...
Thanks

anno4000

MoshiachNow said:
Hi,
My code is :

my $zip = Archive::Zip->new();
$zip->addFile("Updates.txt");
$zip->writeToFileNamed($NAME1);

However - If I'm zipping huge (20GB) database files into the zip - how
and when should I write (writeToFileNamed) this zip file?I beleive
Windows will not be able to keep this huge info in the memory...

Read the documentation of the module you are using. The section
"OBJECT MODEL" explains that the object does *not* (necessarily)
hold the data.

Anno

Ilya Zakharevich

MoshiachNow
However - If I'm zipping huge (20GB) database files into the zip

Zip directory info has only 4byte-long integers. No go.

Hope this helps,
Ilya